Alexel
 Κοινοποίηση

• 2 years later...
  • Απαντήσεις 252
  • Δημιουργία
  • Τελευταία απάντηση

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ΜΕΓΑ ΞΕΘΑΨΙΜΟ του thread.. ο λόγος? έρχεται το Director's Cut!

Μετά το Alexander Director's Cut και το PASSION OF THE CHRIST Definite Edition, Superman II, Spiderman 2.1 που οι σκηνοθέτες και λοιποί συντελεστές επέστρεψαν για να βγάλουν κι άλλα λεφτά με πωλήσεις στα DVD, σειρα έχει το TROY

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117959228.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Το ερώτημα τώρα είναι άλλο.. θα χρησιμοποιήσει ο σκηνοθέτης την μουσική του Gabriel Yared ή του James Horner?

Yared's score was removed because a few members of an early test audience didn't think it worked with the film. Petersen hired Yared, worked with him in the development of the score for a year, and was reportedly very pleased at the recording sessions. The only reason it was mixed into film for such an early screening was because he insisted it should be. If this is supposed to be his true "director's cut," then it would seem logical he'd go back to his original concept of the film, which includes Yared's score.

Yared worked on the film for a year - scoring based on talk with Petersen, unfinished sequences, etc - in other words, the film wasn't 'locked'. A few test screeners don't completely change things - Petersen and Co. had to see it as well.

Thing is, the only people outside that test audience who saw the film with Yared's score are Petersen, Horner, and studio brass. The rest of us can only speculate based on how the music sounds on its own, not put to picture.

Like I said, good music, bad film music.

I get the feeling some of you were put off by that, but it's not a put-down at all, or an insult.

Wolfgang Petersen is not a composer's friend. Rejected score after rejected score, not building a lasting collaboration, demanding over-the-top scores which get the composers blasted on by critics and audiences - even though they gave Petersen what he wanted.

I HATE it when composers get blamed for simply delivering what a director wants, most of the time against the composer's better judgment, and it happens all the time. I'm not saying that's happening here, it just spawns from what I was saying above.

είδωμεν.. :happy:

• 6 months later...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=30134

σύγκριση εικόνας του παλιού με το καινούριο dvd directors cut!